Sunday, June 18, 2017

Encouragement Challenge #2

Hello everyone!!  Welcome to the second Calling All Sistahs Encouragement Challenge.  
This month's inspiration board was so fun to work with, with all those beautiful colors!!


For my card based on inspiration from this photo was to get out my Gansai Tambai water color paints and  painted stripes of paint. Next. I took plain old plastic Cling Wrap from the kitchen and place it on the wet paint crinkling it as i went. I let it sit that way for a while, them removed the wrap once it was fairly dry. This leaves you with an amazing abstract background.



Next I cut down my panel with a stitched rectangle die and then I used three other stitched circle dies and cut out holes in my panel and and the same size circles from white cardstock. I popped up the front Layer and inset the cut out pieces of the background in the openings. I stamped the sentiment from The stamp set BE by CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and popped them up on two layers of foam tape, so they set raised up from the front panel.  As my final addition I added a few glitter enamel dots.

I hope you enjoyed this card , the inspiration board and will created a card to enter into the 
Calling All Sistahs Encouragement Challenge. And, remember Michelle is offering up a gift certificate to the CAS-ual Fridays Shop to the winner.
Please hop on over to the Calling All Sistahs Bog and see all the fabulous card the team has made!

Have and amazing Day and see you soon!!
Susan 😁


2 comments:

Heather North said...

Susan, your background looks like rich fabric! The cling wrap technique gave it a great "texture". I'm so glad you are a part of the Encouragement Squad.

Gwendolyn said...

Wow amazing technique Susan, love it! Great card!

All about Layering Day 4