Friday, December 1, 2017

I couldn't sleep last night

When I cannot sleep I play. I decided to play messy this time. I took a piece of white cardstock and embossed the trees with Wow bright white embossing powder. Next, I added many layers of distress and distress oxide inks in multiple layers to my paper until I was satisfied with the result. Then I took out my Gansai Tambi watercolors and and added splatters first with water, then with black, white, gold, silver and white shimmery paints. Before this step make sure you wipe of the excess ink from the embossing. I set this aside to dry and stamped the deer and bunny and die cut them. Once the ink and paints were dry I added the sentiment which I stamped using my MISTI and Versafine onyx black ink. Next, I added the deer and bunny, who were just floating on the background so I cut a piece of cardstock to make a patch of snow for the deer to stand on and left the bunny sitting on the sentiment.  I thought I was done when I saw sitting on my desk this already stamped and die cut foliage and decided to give my deer a cute pair of foliage antlers. lol  All stamps are from the Winter Woodland stamp set by Catherine Pooler Designs.


I hope you are having a great Day!!

Susan

No comments:

All about Layering Day 4