Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Toteally Fantastic

Today, I finished up my swaps for the Gina K. January swap. I can't post it until the swap is complete and everyone has their swaps back. I can tell you it took me many mock ups, three days and a lot of work to complete them and I'm happy with what I've created. :) For my card today, I used my previously uninked stamp set Toteally Fantastic. I combined the sketch and Who's that girl challenges for it. The theme for the challenge was to use patriotic colors, red white and blue. Being from Canada, ours would leave out the blue and only have red and white. However, in support of my US sistahs I left in the blue and added some pink for me. LOL I lined up the three totes on a clear mount and stamped them on Gina K pure luxury white cardstock. It was my first time using it and it is sooooo smooth. The purses were atamped with Brilliance graphite black ink and colored with copics. Next, I layered them on night of navy and pretty in pink cardstock. The DP was printed using my printer and the red kiss digi paper from MFT. The sentiment was stamped using night of navy ink, the edges were drug across a read red ink pad, then mounted in night of navy. I assembled the whole think on a pretty in pink card base and added the flowers, which were originally light blue and pink but I colored them with copics. The flowers were attached together using a silver heart brad, and secured to the card with foam mounting tape. Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Susan

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Totally fabu!!!! tfs!
-t

Anonymous said...

adorable!!!

Nancy B said...

Awesome cards! Thought I would stop by to say Hello Too!!

Have yourself a super week.

All about Layering Day 4