Friday, April 3, 2009

For Samantha

I made this cute little door hanger for a male friend of mine's daughter. I thought it was perfect as he calls her "Princess" all the time. I used my new "Night Night Ellie" from MFT. The printed paper is from Basic Grey's Porcelain paper pad. I adhered a piece of paper from the pad to a chipboard coaster, trimmed it and sanded the edges. Next, I stamped Ellie on a piece of plain white cardstock from GKD and paper pieced her pajamas and slippers. I masked Ellie and used the star stamp from the set and added little stars all around her. I mounted the white cardstock onto another piece of printed paper and the stuck it on the coaster. I lined up the three words on a clear mount and stamped them with memento tuxexo black ink. The moon was stamped directly on the printed paper and cover with a thick layer of yellow stickles. Her hair and skin were colored with copics prior to the paper piecing. I found I had a big empty spot so I added some MFT glitter flowers colored with copics, and added a glitter brad in the centre. I then added four blue swarovski crystals around Ellie, for a little more bling. To finish I punched a hole in each top corner, fed throught some ribbon, from MFT of course :) secured it with a couple of brads. I took it to her father who will give to her when she comes for the weekend. Hope she likes it. Susan

8 comments:

Nancy said...

What a beautiful project! I love it!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very, very cute!!! tfs!!
-t

Abi Bundy said...

very cute!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely project. Very pretty Susan.

Dragana Skoro said...

I am sure she will like it - who wouldn't? So cute.

Jan said...

Ellie is adorable! Cute project, Susan - I'm sure Samantha will love it!

Louise F NZ said...

This is so cute, the image is adorable and your colouring is great!

Dragana Skoro said...

This is great, I am sure she will love it.

All about Layering Day 4